Thursday, February 11, 2010

While the men are away...

The girls will play! For the past couple of weeks Mark and a friend (Jared Hattaway) from work have been getting together to go snowboarding at Brighton after work on Wednesday Evenings. While they guys are gone it has given me and Jared's Wife (Emily) a chance to get to know each other and also gives our kids a chance to play. Last night while the guys were gone, Emily brought her girls Cadence -5 and Melody-3 over to play with Kaleb and Karmindy. Kaleb loves playing with Cadence and they both go to the same preschool only at different times. They also have the same preschool teacher! During our get together, we made heart shaped pizzas and frosted red velvet cupcakes. The kids had fun making their own personal pizzas and frosting their cupcakes! Kaleb and Karmindy had a fun evening playing with Cadence and Melody. The kids aren't the only ones that had fun, I enjoyed visiting and getting to know Emily! It is so much fun to meet and make new friends!Kaleb enjoying his heart shaped pizza!My personal pizza that I made and my yummy salad with Olive Garden Dressing. Delish!The kids enjoying the fruits of their labors!Karmindy diggin' in to her pizza!

4 comments:

CharlieJo said...

Love getting to know new friends! We had a blast! Thanks again for inviting us over. :) I agree, I think it's great that our kids get along so well. Can not wait to do it again soon. ;)

........ said...

You are so darn cute! I need to do more fun things with my kids like that!

Elder Larkin said...

Heart-shaped pizza!! What a great idea! You are very cleaver. Happy Valentines Day!

Brooke and Aaron said...

I wish I knew how to cook like that! Where did you get the Olive Garden salad dressing? Did you make it?? I love their dressing!