My name is Ashlee And I am a Book Worm. I have an excuse for not posting lately... and it is because I have been reading the Hunger Games series. I absolutely love reading but I don't read much. When I do I read though, I become completely enthralled and let housework, and other things go. In my defense, I promise that I did not neglect my kids and therefore child services do not need to be called.
I love reading and I was almost as obsessed with this series as I was with the Twilight Series. If any of my girl friends out there love to read, and I know some of you do, I know that you would like this series. I give it 5 stars out of 5 stars! If you do end up picking the books up and reading them,then I would love to hear what you think.Anyone that knows me, knows that I love reading children's books too! This love of children's books came when I worked in an Intermediate School library for several months before I had Kaleb. In fact, it is my dream to one day write a Children's book. With that said, I love that my kids have also been book worms lately... I love when Kaleb brings home his Scholastic Book orders home from Preschool. I get almost as excited as he does and we both like to sit down and look through the catalog together. I used to love book orders when I was a kid and loved when my parents would surprise me and let me pick out a book or two to order. I love the smell of new books and also love the anticipation of waiting for the books to arrive ... Yeah, I know that some of you are shaking your head thinking, "Yep, Ashlee has truly lost it and needs to get out of the house more!" Seriously though, I love passing down my love for reading to my cue kids. Recently, we purchased these books through Kaleb's book orders:

The kids love reading them with their momma and Both Kaleb and Karmindy are obsessed with Llama, Llama Red Pajama and Pinkalicious. I think I read both books on an average of 10 times a day. In fact, this morning while I was groggily trying to wake up I could hear Kaleb sitting and rocking his little sister in the Rocking chair in our living room and was reading Pinkalicious and Llama, Llama Red Pajama almost word for word to his little sister. It was really cute and I wished that I could've captured a picture of the darling act. It is so rewarding as a mother to know that your kids truly learn from you and your actions. I hope this love of reading books continues to be apart of my children's lives for years to come.
I love reading and I was almost as obsessed with this series as I was with the Twilight Series. If any of my girl friends out there love to read, and I know some of you do, I know that you would like this series. I give it 5 stars out of 5 stars! If you do end up picking the books up and reading them,then I would love to hear what you think.Anyone that knows me, knows that I love reading children's books too! This love of children's books came when I worked in an Intermediate School library for several months before I had Kaleb. In fact, it is my dream to one day write a Children's book. With that said, I love that my kids have also been book worms lately... I love when Kaleb brings home his Scholastic Book orders home from Preschool. I get almost as excited as he does and we both like to sit down and look through the catalog together. I used to love book orders when I was a kid and loved when my parents would surprise me and let me pick out a book or two to order. I love the smell of new books and also love the anticipation of waiting for the books to arrive ... Yeah, I know that some of you are shaking your head thinking, "Yep, Ashlee has truly lost it and needs to get out of the house more!" Seriously though, I love passing down my love for reading to my cue kids. Recently, we purchased these books through Kaleb's book orders:

The kids love reading them with their momma and Both Kaleb and Karmindy are obsessed with Llama, Llama Red Pajama and Pinkalicious. I think I read both books on an average of 10 times a day. In fact, this morning while I was groggily trying to wake up I could hear Kaleb sitting and rocking his little sister in the Rocking chair in our living room and was reading Pinkalicious and Llama, Llama Red Pajama almost word for word to his little sister. It was really cute and I wished that I could've captured a picture of the darling act. It is so rewarding as a mother to know that your kids truly learn from you and your actions. I hope this love of reading books continues to be apart of my children's lives for years to come.
14 comments:
I'm with you completely! Maybe we should join a 12 step program! I'd like to think of my children's books as my "collection" not a disorder!
We LOVE to read too! Things definitely take a nose dive in the housework department when I am in the middle of a novel. You have to read "The Flea's Sneeze" and the "Wild Boars" books. They are my kids' absolute favorites!
Ooh...and you should go get the new Tracy Hunter Abrahmson books from Seagull. They're my new faves! (Or you could just borrow mine...)
I love to read too! I just got finished reading The Hunger Games and am now reading Catching Fire. They are SO good! I can't wait until they make them into movies.
Love all the books you posted about. From my favorites...as well as my kids favorites.
We also heart books. Keep sharing your favorites!
hey those books look familiar.. ;) hmm...what other books can I get you hooked on? I love pinkalicious! such a cute book. :) i love books too, and the smell of the new books, and the feel of untouched pages that I get to thumb through. let me know when you're ready to read another book, I'll send it your way.
How precious that they were cuddled up reading together. That gave me chills reading it. Children are so, so wonderful! Thanks again for meeting us last week. The girls are still talking about it. Super fun!
Great minds think alike--I am just finishing up a post on books because I want to keep track of the books that I read. I coudn't put those books down. I'll have to try those kid's books-I'm always looking for good ones.
You have to read the "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" series. I couldn't put it down. The movie that just came out is so different. The books are great and are a fast read as they are meant for JF. I am a junior who likes fiction, right? I can't wait to try the Hunger games. Thanks for the recommend. I might read the Twilights over 1 more time before Eclipse comes out though.
I LOVE THE SMELL OF NEW BOOKS AS WELL.
I ALSO LOVE TO READ ,BUT HAVE THE ROTTEN PROBLEM THAT EVERYTHING GETS NEGLECTED IF I DO.
THEREFORE I DONT READ AS OFTEN AS I WOULD LIKE.
TALON READ THE HUNGER GAMES AND LOVED IT.
MY SON IN LAW HAS ALSO READ IT AND SUGGESTED IT TO ME.
I GUESS I JUST MIGHT HAVE TO BREAK DOWN AND READ IT.
I'LL LET YOU KNOW.
BOOK ORDERS ROCK!
I THINK I LOVED THEM MORE THAN MY OWN CHILDREN DID.
IT WAS A GREAT DAY WHEN THEY CAME HOME FROM SCHOOL WITH A SHOPPING BAG FULL OF NEW BOOKS TO SMELL AND READ.
SEE YA SATURDAY.
I went to reserve them at the Library and I was Number 52 I guess it will be a while before I get to read them!
I love the Hunger Games series! I can't wait for the last book to come out. Tracy Hunter Abrahmson is also a fabulous author. I am like you a complete book worm. Start with the books: Undercurrents, Deep Ripple and The Deep End. Then onto the Saint Squad series. Freefall is the first on.
We love Pinkalicious! It is Shylynn's absolute favorite book as she LOVES pink too. And I am the same way when it comes to reading - I just can't stand waiting to find out what happens next. The kids are really the important thing right, everything else can wait right?
Post a Comment