-PIRATE ISLAND PIZZA-
(The Krackin- Our super huge pizza that we all dined on! It was seriously as wide as our table)
This past weekend, Mark, the kids and myself jetted off to Southern Utah for my youngest Brothers wedding. We left early in the afternoon on Friday and were in Hurricane (my hometown) around 6. We usually don't get into town until late so It was nice to get there earlier because it gave us time to meet my brother and sisters for dinner in St. George. Kaleb has been begging us to take him to Pirate Island Pizza each time we visit. He has had an obsession with Pirates lately and we(all the adults) decided to indulge him. We all met up and had a fun night of talking and eating. My favorite part of the evening was when Karmindy pulled a huge jug of Root beer on the both of us!! Can you tell that I am saying this dripping with sarcasm? I can laugh about it now but I was so livid during the moment. What a fun way to finish off an evening being sticky and wet. Needless to say it was a long drive back to Hurricane that night for the both of us. You gotta love the joys of motherhood!! However, Kaleb had a blast and enjoyed wearing his pirate hat, playing the arcade games with his dad and getting lots of attention from his aunties and uncles! I enjoyed visiting with my Brothers and Sisters. I am really glad that we got to spend some much needed time together and it was fun to enjoy each others company and the fun atmosphere that Pirate Island Pizza had to offer!
KARSON & KAMIE'S WEDDING
Karson and his Girlfriend Kamie got married on Saturday at the Villa Gardens in St. George around 11 am. The wedding and luncheon were nice and it was so nice to see them so happy despite that Karson had a really bad flu bug. Mark and I took the kids and we enjoyed seeing extended family and the luncheon that they had afterwards. For the luncheon they decided on ordering everyone their own personal chicken salads from Durangos. I have never seen this done before and I loved the idea! Again, it was so fun to spend time with family and I enjoyed holding my nephew Traeson and my little niece Kenley. I can't tell you how much I love being an Auntie!! Holding them makes me a little baby hungry. Now if I could just get Mark to agree to letting me have another baby!
THE JOY OF FAMILY
One of my kids favorite things to do when we travel to Southern Utah is to spend time with their Aunties and Uncles and especially their Grandpas and Grandmas(all of whom spoil them rotten). After the wedding on Saturday morning we headed over to Mark's parents home to spend some time with his parents and siblings. It was fun to be able to visit with them and also eat dinner together that night. Kaleb and Karmindy enjoy visiting each of their Grandparents homes because they get so spoiled. Bob and Laurie (Mark's parents) just returned from a Hawaiian vacation and brought us back presents. The kids wanted to wear their shirts right off! We are so glad we got to spend some time with them before heading home. Along with spending time with both sides of the family, Kaleb really enjoyed holding his little niece Kenley. Everytime I would ask him if he wanted to hold her, he would jump right up and say, "yes!" He truly loved holding his cousin. Karmindy also liked patting Kenleys head and holding her hands. It is so cute to see my kids
2 comments:
Wow! You had a busy weekend! Cute pictures. Mmmm...those salads make me want Cafe Rio...Let's do lunch!
You busy girl. Seems like your family has had a lot of weddings and baby showers and stuff. How fun to see your family grow and welcome new additions! BTW - you all look great holding your niece and nephew. You're such a natural. Hey, anytime you need a baby-fix you're welcome to hold Grace. Especially at 5:30 in the morning! Love your kids. Sorry to hear about that root beer spill. Gotta love parenthood!
Post a Comment