Sunday, March 7, 2010

Mad Hatter's Tea

Some of my very dear friends and our wickedly cool head attire-Natalie, Amy, and Ashlee (Me).

This past week, my ward had their Relief Society Birthday party. The Enrichment committee came up with a darling idea- A Mad Hatters Tea. The one requirement of the evening was to wear a crazy hat or some fun head wear. I have the traditional hats and some new "old school" paper boy hats but nothing crazy. The only thing that I could think of that was kind of sassy and fun was a faux fur tiara that my daughter has. Luckily, it fits my head so I wore it that night! When I first got to the Tea, everyone wrote down their names on sticky name tags to wear. We had a light dinner of croissant sandwiches, salad, carrot cake and fruit kabobs with dip. Each of the foods that we ate that night had some little thing attached to it saying, "Eat me," "Drink Me", and other phrases from Disney's Alice and Wonderland. The gym was decorated very cute in whimsical decorations. My Favorite decorations were giant playing cards made out of stiff foam card board. They looked like the playing cards from the movie and were set up around the doors. I always enjoy the annual R.S. Birthday party because of the cute things that the RS puts on and comes up with. I had a fun night hanging out with some of my friends and also had a fun time getting to know other women in my ward.

1 comment:

Brooke and Aaron said...

How fun! I love that idea. Looks like a great night. The Mayan looks amazing too. We have yet to go. Someday.. You had spectacular seats at the Jazz game. What a great date!