Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Lucky Leprechauns!!

Were you "lucky" enough to get a visit from some little green men this morning? We did! Kaleb and Karmindy were so excited when they saw what the Leprechauns left for them! Kaleb was especially excited and asked a million and one questions about where the Leprechauns live, what they eat, what they look like, how they got to our house and how they got in it... Too much fun! Needless to say, it has been a long morning explaining and talking about Leprechauns!
I decided to start the tradition this year of having the kids leave their shoes by the front door so the leprechauns could come in the middle of the night and leave chocolate gold, and some trinkets. The Leprechauns were tricky lil' fellows and left green footprints to let us know that they had visited during the night. The kids loved seeing the footprints as well as their, "Kiss me for Good Luck" shirts and chocolate gold coins. The leprechauns also left Karmindy some pretty St. Patty's Day bows for her hair. O' So thoughtful! O', how I love Holidays and I love making new traditions with my kids! Go to my new cooking blog (and become a follower-wink,wink) to see what the Queen has on tap for St. Patty's Day dinner!! May you have a wonderful St. Patty's Day!! Top o' the morning to you... and the rest of the day to yourself!

4 comments:

........ said...

Too cute! What a fun mom you are!

CharlieJo said...

love that you did that for your kids on St Pattys Day! I love this holiday. :) really cute ideas!

Brandon, Nicole and Lucy said...

Looks like the luck of the irish was with the kiddo's!!! That picture of them together on the chair is too cute. I yuv my seester oh and mark-o too!

JILLIAN said...

WHAT A CUTE IDEA, I MAY HAVE TO STEAL IT FOR NEXT YEAR.