her Name is Husqvarna Emerald 116. I have been wanting a sewing machine for "sew" long!! After many months of trying to convince my hubby to let me get one, he finally gave in. Thanks Honey! You treat me so good! I also got a great deal on my sewing machine at JoAnn's in Draper! I got over $100.00 off. Hurray for great deals! I brought my new friend home last night and my very talented friend that I have talked about before came over and we went through the owners manual trying all the stitches and gadgets. I think she may have been even more excited than I was! Wink, Wink. Needless to say, I am really glad that I have my own sewing machine and now me and my good friend can get together in the evenings and both sew on our machines instead of sharing her sewing machine. I am "sew" excited to start some new sewing projects.Two Weeks ago, I "cooked up" this darling little dress for my daughter. The dress originally had a bow on the side where the flower is but I decided that a flower hair clip would be a little less maintenance. I thought it turned out adorable! I can't wait for the weather to warm up a bit so Karmindy can wear her sundress.
This past week I completed my latest "cooking" project... I am pretty proud of myself and I am looking forward to sewing some more skirts like this. Of course they will be in different colors and may have some new embellishments like ruffles and Ric Rac. We will see.. the possibilities are endless!
Check my new blog out to see what is cooking in the kitchen as well as in my craft room!
This past week I completed my latest "cooking" project... I am pretty proud of myself and I am looking forward to sewing some more skirts like this. Of course they will be in different colors and may have some new embellishments like ruffles and Ric Rac. We will see.. the possibilities are endless!
Check my new blog out to see what is cooking in the kitchen as well as in my craft room!
6 comments:
ooohh Lucky! They are AWESOME machines - you will love it! The dress for Karmindy is soooo cute! We did bandanna dresses.. but I felt they were a bit bulky, I like your "variation" on the same style!
how fun! yay for your nice hubby getting you something new to play with. :) so exciting! and I love the sun dress/skirt. I've attempted sewing clothes once. haha...yeah that needs more practice. :) can't wait to see what else you put together.
"SEW" cute!!
I love your new best friend. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog. My sewing machine is actually Carlynn's sisters. She's is having me babysit while they are in Nevada for a couple of years. You have a darling family and blog. I have a goal of running a 5k this summer too. I hate running, but like you I'd really like to get off 10-15lbs from our last baby. Thanks Again for visiting, and entering the giveaway!
Yay for you! I am so happy you got one. The dress and skirt are "sew" cute! I have been using mine a little more lately but I need a lot more practice. Is the skirt easy to make? If so, maybe I should give it a try.
Ashlee, you are so talented! I need some of that talent to rub off on me. The dress and skirt are so cute!
Post a Comment