Sunday, March 28, 2010

Discovery Gateway

This past Thursday, one of my good friends and neighbor invited us (Kaleb, Karmindy, and myself) to go downtown with her and her kids to the Children's Museum. I jumped at the chance because I have been wanting to take the kids there for so long and just haven't had the opportunity to go yet. It was also nice for the kids to go with some of their friends and experience it with them. The Museum is so cute and the kids had a blast checking out all the fun things!! Both Karmindy and Kaleb had several favorites. Kaleb loved the building site area, the Farm and the store. Karmindy loved the farm, holding the stuffed chichens (chickens), riding the tractor and playing in the life like house. We spent the majority of the time in the farm area!! Can you tell my kids long for their country roots? Kaleb was truly in heaven in the farm area and enjoyed hauling the fake bales of hay everywhere and putting his produce on the conveyer belt to load up his crops for the harvest. He also loved planting and harvesting the fake garden. Grandpa DeMille would be proud of his grandkids! It was so much fun to see the kids get excited about this excursion and I am glad that we got to spend the day and experience it with friends!Karmindy gathering eggs from the chicken coup!Karmindy loved the stuffed chichens!

Kaleb and Karmindy enjoying a ride on the horse!Future John Wayne!? He is so comfortable with horses and anything to do with being out on the farm!Loading the veggies they harvested on the conveyor belt.Kaleb checking out his groceries!I Hope this doesn't come to pass for another few years! Jaxon is gassing up the car and these crazy kids are hitting the town!Kaleb helping unload the blocks in the building area! Hard hats are a must!Cheese!The kids flying the Life - like "life flight" helicopter!
A future in show biz? I think these are the future news anchors for channel 5 news! They are handsome and are so charismatic!

2 comments:

........ said...

So fun! We haven't been since they moved it there. I've gotta take my kiddos soon!

Brandon, Nicole and Lucy said...

That place looks so cool! I kinda wanna go and play with all the neat stuff! lol