My first recipes come from a dear friend from High school. She is very talented. Check her out here. She also makes beautiful jewlery! I hope she doesn't mind me sharing these recipes. They are delicious! I made the Taco soup this past week and I made the Chinese Pork Ribs for our Valentines Day dinner with steamed asparagus with a yummy Hollandaise sauce over them. The kids went wild for not only the Pork Ribs but also the steamed asparagus.
Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
adapted from RaisinKane aka Patti on allrecipes.com and from the kitchen of Melissa Yoder
The original recipe calls for a can of beer, so I changed it to chicken broth.
Ingredients:
1 onion, chopped (I used half of a large onion)
1 (16 oz.) can red beans
1 (15 oz.) can black beans
1 (15 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (8oz.) can tomato sauce
2 (10 oz.) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chile
1 (1.25 oz.) package taco seasoning (I use mild)
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
shredded colby jack or cheddar cheese (optional)
sour cream (optional)
crushed tortilla chips (optional)
Directions:
Place the onion, beans, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, chilies and chicken broth in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Shred meat with two forks; stir the shredded chicken back in to the soup, and continue cooking for 2 more hours. Serve topped with shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired. Serves 8.
**This recipe makes a lot!! It made so much that I ran half of it over to a friends house so she didn't have to cook for the evening. The troops gobbled it up!
Chinese Pork Ribs
From Taste of Home's Quick Cooking and from the kitchen of Melissa Yoder.
Ingredients:
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup orange marmalade
3 tablespoons ketchup
2 garlic cloves, minced
2-3 lbs. bone-in country style pork ribs
Directions:
In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, marmalade, ketchup and garlic. Pour half into a slow cooker. Top with ribs; drizzle with remaining sauce. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until tender. Thicken cooking juices if desired. Serve with white rice.
** This recipe also makes a ton! We had a lot of leftovers! Next time I might sprinkle in a teaspoon of so of Red pepper flakes to give it some kick!
When I lived in St. George I worked for a Friend who owns Signature Suppers. It is a meal preparation company. I was paid to make meals on their menu for others who didn't have the time to cook. I loved it. These Chinese Pork Ribs remind me a little of a recipe that I made while working there. For any leftovers, shred the meat and save the juices from the crock pot.
The next night have this:
Asian Pork Wraps
Left over meat and broth heated (Refer to Chinese Pork Rib Recipe)
Soft Flour tortillas
One small bag of broccoli slaw( You can find this in the salad section of your favorite grocery store)
To make, heat the leftover meat and place on warmed tortillas. Place a handful of Broccoli slaw in tortilla. Wrap up and serve. Dip the Pork wraps in any left over juices. Very yummy!!
For dessert:
Light and Fluffy Berry Berry Cheesecake
I made this for our Valentine's day Dessert! It is a family recipe that I grew up on. If you are looking for a Cheesecake to make that isn't too heavy this is the recipe for You!
Ingredients:
1 8 ounce package of Cream cheese
1 packet of Dream whip, made according to directions.
1 can of Cherry, Blackberry, Blueberry or Strawberry Pie filling ( My favorite is cherry but I do like to mix it up from time to time)
1 pre made Graham Cracker crust ( You can just buy one to save time or make your own)
Make Dream whip according to directions on box. Set aside. Beat softened cream cheese until smooth and then add the dream whip to cream cheese. Beat together until smooth. Then place into already made Graham Cracker crust. Smooth into pie crust and then top with your favorite pie filling. Refrigerate overnight so the flavors have time to blend. Enjoy!
5 comments:
First, looks like you had a great Valentine's day! And second, I can't wait to see your new blog. Keep me posted!
I can't wait for your new blog! You are an amazingly talented cook and I want all of your recipes.
I'm glad you liked the recipes! Mmmmmm...I'll have to check back for your new blog.
I also love to cook, but don't know how to make anything without using a good recipe! Can't wait to see what you have to offer!!
oh wow!! looks yummy! :) I'm definitely looking for these recipes, cause I'm not a huge fan of cooking unless I have a yummmy recipe!! let me know! I can't wait! the recipes you did post look tasty. :D
Post a Comment