So one of my goals this year was to Run a 5K! I signed up for the 8th annual Running with Angels 5k. It will take place in June and will be held at Thanksgiving point! I am excited because the race will be held in their gardens. I can't think of a better place to take a stroll through. I haven't been to the gardens yet but I can't wait to see them. I hear they are amazing and so beautiful. I also can't think of a better race to run in. I really like the story behind this race. There is actually a book that is written by a woman who overcomes obesity and some devastating trials through running. Go here. I am running this race for several reasons. I know that I don't struggle with obesity but I do suffer from having a bad body image. I beat myself up about the way I look. I want to change that about myself! I have also gone through a rough patch with my little girls health. It is hard as a mother to watch your children go through hard things. I am not only doing this race for myself but I am also doing this for my daughter.
Back to running, I know a 5k may not sound like much to the avid runner but it is something and I have really had my heart set on. I also want to get back into shape. I would really like to lose the last 10-15 pounds of baby weight I am still carrying around after having Karmindy. I used to Run in High School and did Cross Country my freshman year. I decide that long distance wasn't one of my strong suits. Through trying new races and lots of practice, I learned that I loved the mid distance runs/sprints. During my Freshman through Senior year of High school I ran on the track team. My favorite event was the 400. It is kind of doozey! You must sprint the whole way and then really turn on the gas the last 200. I know I must be a gluten for punishment or in fact pain. Even though I like the mid distance races, I thought I would try giving long distance runs another try. So here goes nothing... If you see me out running in the neighborhood, honk your car horn and give lots and lots of encouragement because Heck, I think I am going to need it!
9 comments:
Wow Ashlee! I am so impressed that you are going to run a 5K. That is one of my goals too someday
You are my hero! i would totally run it with you if I didn't have such a bad back. If you ever want to walk though give me a call! Of course, what are the odds my hubby will be home...
WAY TO GO ASHLEE!
I THINK THAT SOUNDS WAY FUN.
I AM A LITTLE JEALOUS.
YOU WILL DO GREAT!
Good Job Ashlee! That is a great cause to run for. I beet myself up too that is why I am doing another half marathon in a couple of months. You will do great!
Wow! You are incredible! A 5K, a new cooking blog, valentine's day creations. I am in awe at all that you do. You talents are so widespread. How blessed your family is to have you there to care for them, love them, and make your house a cozy home to come to every day. I just adore you! Yeah for all that you do and thank you for inspiring me to reach higher in my life.
you are amazing! I never ran in high school, and never been very good at running in general. but I'm still hoping that a 5k really isnt that long and we can finish it! you will do great! and if you need help with anything, you know I'll help when I can. ;)
Hi Ashlee. Just thought I'd check you guys out again. Running is awesome! I'm trying to get back into it, myself. My Dad loves running marathons and is trying to get his kids into it. I guess we'll see. Check us out sometime, yeah? -Jill www.jjheaton.blogspot.com
I remember you loving the 400! I think you are crazy for that, but totally amazing! Good luck with your training! Can't wait to hear all about it and your races.
I think a 5k is a great goal. My very first race was actually a 3k. :-) Maybe next year you'll want to sign up for the Spectrum 10k down here. The race is beautiful. It starts up in Snow Canyon park and ends at the fire station in Ivins. It is mostly all down hill and a very fun run. Good luck with your training!!
Post a Comment