Sunday, April 25, 2010

I Heart Primary!

I absolutely love primary! Right now I have the opportunity to serve in the primary presidency in my ward. Each week is extremely fun because the kids make it that way! I love being able to rub shoulders with these special little spirits and it is a privilege to watch their testimonies grow. I think my testimony grows the most; especially, since I learn more from them than they do from me. Another thing that I like is being able to rub shoulders with some of the Primary teachers. We have some really great primary teachers in our ward and I am truly grateful to them because a lot of them go above and beyond to help the kids in their classes learn. I am really thankful for my sons primary teachers. For the first time in long while he actually comes home excited to tell me what he has learned in primary rather than me having to drag it out of him. Maybe it is because he is getting older but he really seems to be enjoying going to primary, his class and he especially loves his teachers. Not that Kaleb didn't enjoy primary before but he seems to really enjoy it now! I think that kids can truly pick up on the love that their teachers have for them and those that take their calling seriously. Today, Kaleb came home and told me how they learned about choosing the right. How his teachers had played a fun game with the kids to help them learn. He also was pretty proud of himself ( I was proud of him too) because he received the "Most patient crown" and no one else did because he was helpful and waited his turn for their coloring/gluing activity. Kaleb came home wearing his crown and had on a CTR shield over one arm and a sword in the other! I hope Kaleb will continue to love going to primary and enjoy learning about the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I am so glad that you love primary. The kids love you too! You do such an amazing job. I have to agree that we do have great teachers in our ward:)

The Yoder's Five said...

Wow....I'm glad SOMEONE out there enjoys Primary! I taught that same lesson and played that same game with my class yesterday..........I wish I had Kaleb in there. I have a super rowdy bunch.

Heidi said...

The kids are very lucky to have you as one of their leaders. They do have such sweet spirits and they can teach us so much about the gospel. Your little guy is so handsome! How have you been?

........ said...

Hey Ashlee

I just thought I should let you know that I mentioned Karmindy on my blog today and put her pic up. hope that's ok...