Monday, October 20, 2008

Potty Talk!

*Caution: There maybe be some dirty words mentioned in his post like "pee", "poo" and "Oh crap!" So I am forewarning you about reading this specific posting. It is especially not for the faint of heart with what I am going to blog about. So turn back now if you want to!!!

We finally did it! Kaleb has learned to pee and poo in the big boy potty! Everyone cheer for Kaleb, "Hip Hip Hooray!" (I am doing a little victory dance myself right now!) We have been working on it diligently for a while now. I was really to the point where I was going to give up and just pack a backpack for myself and head to kindergarten with my son to assist him in this discrete action. Everyone I have talked to, that has boys, has forewarned me that most boys take awhile to potty train. Boy, were they right! At least according to my son! That is okay. We have finally made it though. Kaleb has done a pretty good job, minus a few accidents on our floors, puddles around the toilet and streams up our bathroom walls. My favorite story was when Kaleb peed on the wall across from the toilet and said, "Mom I didn't do it!" "It was my pee pee!" I can laugh now! I think that part was inevitable! Believe me, when I saw the residue left behind (most of you know that I am a clean freak- so this was really painful for me to see and clean up!) there were a few naughty words that I said silently like, "Oh, crap!" Okay, I confess I did say a few other naughty words out loud! However, we are really glad that Kaleb has caught on and is making progress everyday. He has never wet the bed and is really good about yelling at me when he has to pee or poo. The yelling usually takes place when I am cooking/making some form of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner or when we just sit down to eat. I think I might market a new weight loss program!! I will call it the- "Potty Training Diet." All you need to do is, when you feel like you want to shove your face with anything, just take your Toddler to the bathroom and the aromas will cure you quick. You will not want to eat a thing! I guarantee you will lose 3 dress sizes!

Kaleb, we are so glad that you have made it past this huge milestone! We are really proud of you!

We love you son!

Kaleb showing off his cars underwear! He loves Cars!

No comments: