Thursday, October 9, 2008

Two thumbs up for Twilight Saga!

Another chapter of my life has come to a close... Sniff! Is that a tear? I finally did it! I read the entire Twilight Series from beginning to end. I finally completed Breaking Dawn last night which is the last book in the series.How appropriate for the Halloween Holiday! It had been awhile since I had read the first three novels so I wanted to read the series from the beginning so I could really enjoy the final book. I know, I know, I am probably one of the last of the Stephanie Meyers fans to complete the task but I have had a few other things that I have had to do since the book made its debut. (Packing up a home, cleaning it, moving over three hundred miles, unpacking, and getting house in order while taking care of two high maintenance kids- Kaleb and Karmindy "your highness" or "Needy Dee Dee"-if you will- that is what she is know as by close family and friends! We love you Dee Dee!) I know excuses, excuses, but hey I finally did it! I really did enjoy the series; although, I don't think I will let Karmindy read them in the near future. These books will be tucked away until she is like ~ 21! Then maybe they will be age appropriate. I really liked the first three novels! I think Twilight and Eclipse will always be my favorites. Breaking Dawn was a little over the top for me but I enjoyed it. Now that I have completed the series, I am really looking forward to seeing the first movie in November! Let the countdown begin . . . .

1 comment:

Toad, Lizard, Squidney & Emmaphant said...

I have to agree with you. I thought Breaking Dawn was over the top as well. It was entertaining (even though I did a lot of eye rolling). We will have to give eachother a call and we can discuss the book. Miss Ya