Monday, October 6, 2008

We listened to a Prophets Voice!

What a wonderful opportunity we had this past weekend to hear from our beloved prophet, Pres. Thomas S. Monson, members from the Quorum of the twelve, members from the seventy and the wonderful women in Primary, Young Women's and Relief Society General Presidencies. I always look forward to conference, it is a time to learn from the Lord's anointed and recommit to things we need to work on to be more like our brother and Savior Jesus Christ. I always receive answers to questions that I am having and receive comfort for a trial I may be going through at the time. There were so many talks on Saturday and Sunday that I loved! It has been hard for me to pick a favorite but I really loved what Pres. Monson talked about and that is to "Adapt to changes, Enjoy the Journey, and to always give thanks!" What great counsel! I know it was wonderful counsel for me especially since our little family has had to endure some big changes over the course of the last few months. It has been very hard not to dwell on the past few months harships and ask, "Why has this happened to us?" I know that we go through tough times in our lives to make us stronger and also to strengthen our faith in the Lord. Pres. Monson talked about being grateful for our journery. I am so grateful for the last few months even though they have been extremely hard and I wasn't really enjoying the journey at the time but I can't help but acknowledge the hand of the Lord in our lives over the course of the last few months and not be grateful for the outcome. Everything has really worked out for the best and our lives have truly been blessed even though we have had some "Big changes" to deal with. I am truly grateful for the blessings in my life, my husband, my children and our families and friends. For our family, and friends have truly been by our sides through this whole experience. They have supported, prayed and fasted in our behalf and we are so eternally grateful for all of our dear family and friends. We love you and are so grateful for the opportunity to enjoy life's journey with you. We love you all!! May we always enjoy the Journey of Life and be grateful for it and express our appreciation to those around us. I know I will strive a little more to enjoy it and to live in the present and not dwell on the past. Life is certainly a gift, that is why it is called the "Present!"

1 comment:

Toad, Lizard, Squidney & Emmaphant said...

I loved conference as well. When it was over, I thought "that's it"? I always want more. I would like to have general conference more than twice a year. It is always so uplifting and what you need to hear. Watching church in your jammies isn't so bad either! :)