Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy Harvest!

One of my favorite things about this time of year is that we get to decorate for the holidays!! I love the beginning of Fall- it is a precursor of what is to come over the next couple of months. I love Halloween and Thanksgiving, it is certainly a time to celebrate your youth and enjoy the excitement of watching little kids get excited about what they are going to dress up as, trick or treating, getting down and dirty by carving pumpkins and squishing the slimy, sticky mess in your hands, the wonderful smells of holiday baking coming from the kitchen, getting together and spending time with family and also remembering our blessings! Yesterday, Kaleb and I enjoyed decorating the house for Halloween. I love to see how excited he gets! I found his plastic pumpkin that he takes trick or treating. He has been carrying it around the house and constantly asks whether it is Halloween yet. What Fun! Here is Kaleb and his pumpkin bucket and a few of our decorations we put up this year!

2 comments:

Mary Lynne said...

One of my favorite parts about this time of year is the decorating, also. Your house looks so cute and festive!

Toad, Lizard, Squidney & Emmaphant said...

Very cute, I need to get my decorations out as well. So what is Kaleb and Karmindy going to be this year?