After we went to the Utah football game we rushed home to get the kids and ourselves ready for our ward trunk or treat. Our ward's activities committee did such a nice job of putting everything together and the evening was such a fun night! It was so fun to see everyone dressed up and to see how everyone had decorated their cars with Halloween decorations. We were boring and didn't get the chance to decorate ours because we ran out of time with going to the game and all. Even though we didn't decorate our trunk, we didn't go empty handed. I entered the Chili Cook off Contest and tied for first place for my chili. My friend Carlynn also won for her Blackberry pie ( my recipe). I was so proud of her. Unfortunately, her pie was gone before I had a chance to taste it, but I know she did a great job making it!
Kaleb and Karmindy had fun despite the very chili weather! Kaleb looked spooky in his Dark Knight Costume and Karmindy looked darling in her fairy costume. Kaleb was especially excited for tonites little outing, that in family prayers the night before he thanked Heavenly Father that he could go to the trunk or treat and asked him to bless him to get lots of candy. Little stinker....
Kaleb with his friend Matthew
Another funny story was I was teaching Kaleb the trick or treat song this afternoon, "Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat." He told me he loved the song and sang it through the house. At the end he would say, "Give me something good to eat, as long as it doesn't have nuts in it!" ( He is allergic to nuts!) He is so funny!! We were so glad to have an opportunity to get out for the evening and spend it with our fellow ward members/friends.
Me with my cute kiddos!
Kaleb with his friend Jaxon
Kaleb and Karmindy had fun despite the very chili weather! Kaleb looked spooky in his Dark Knight Costume and Karmindy looked darling in her fairy costume. Kaleb was especially excited for tonites little outing, that in family prayers the night before he thanked Heavenly Father that he could go to the trunk or treat and asked him to bless him to get lots of candy. Little stinker....
Another funny story was I was teaching Kaleb the trick or treat song this afternoon, "Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat." He told me he loved the song and sang it through the house. At the end he would say, "Give me something good to eat, as long as it doesn't have nuts in it!" ( He is allergic to nuts!) He is so funny!! We were so glad to have an opportunity to get out for the evening and spend it with our fellow ward members/friends.
3 comments:
Your costumes all look so cute. Love the fairy where did you find her costume? Looks like you guys had fun. and in answer to your question...no the projects i've been working on are not from a super sat...I wish...my ward didn't do to cute of stuff. I've just seen a lot of the stuff around and thought it would be easy to do.
That was a lot of fun (especially sampling each person's Chilli and Pies)
Soooo not surprised that Mark was a Ghostbuster. I laughed over that one for a couple minutes. I still totally love your witch costume too. You and Mark should dress up in lot's of random costumes just for fun, Brandon likes it when I dress up like Hulk Hogan and body slam him.
Post a Comment