Sunday, January 31, 2010

Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

One of my passions in life is baking! Even though it is one of my passions, it tends to get me into trouble from time to time because I like to eat what I create and the remnants show up on my daire aire!
I have been trying to cut back in my sugar intake lately and wanted something sugary this past weekend. I immediately thought of this recipe to help fix my sweet tooth. I got this recipe from one of the sweetest older ladies in my ward in Southern Utah. She made and delivered these cookies to my house one afternoon to help cheer me up after Karmindy's Heart Surgery. I loved these cookies so much that I didn't leave one cookie for Mark to sample. Hence the name Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin cookies. I promise, they really are that good!

Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

1 c. butter, softened
1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teas. Vanilla
1 1/2 c. All purpose flour
1 teas. Baking soda
1 teas. Cinnamon
1/2 teas. Salt (opt.)
3 c. Quick or Old Fashioned Oats, uncooked
1 c. raisins

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat together the butter and sugars until creamy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
4. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
5. Stir in oats and raisins; mix well.
6. Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Let cool for 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies. You can also make bar cookies! Bake for 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes in a greased 9X13 metal baking pan.
Last of All ENJOY!!

Keep Reading --->

8 comments:

Rockin' Rowes said...

How fun! We baked cookies today too. And we blogged about it too. Man we have so much in common.

Tamarynn Leigh said...

Those sound delicious! I'll have to try them. Thanks for adding my button to your blog!

Elder Larkin said...

Dang! Those look yummy. I'm going to have to try these in a few weeks when I get to start adding sugar back into my diet. I wonder if they would taste good made with splenda in stead of sugar.

JILLIAN said...

OATMEAL RAISON COOKIES ARE MY FAVORITE COOKIE.
I AM AFRAID TO TRY YOUR RECIPE FOR FEAR THAT I WILL EAT MORE THAN MY FAIR SHARE.
I TOO HAVE A HORRIBLE SWEET TOOTH.
I WOULD RATHER EAT SWEETS THAN REGULAR FOOD ANY TIME.

OATMEAL AND RAISONS ARE HEALTHY RIGHT?
SO ACTUALLY IT IS A HEALTHY TREAT.
I'M OFF TO BAKE.
THANKS!

Heidi said...

Those look so yummy. I love baking and cooking too and I have a problem cutting recipes in half so we always have way more food than we need so we just keep eating! Oh well!

........ said...

mmmmm...cookies....darn you!

Brooke and Aaron said...

MMmmm. Yum. What if I substitute the raisins for chocolate chips? I know it's not as healthy, but everything tastes good with chocolate, right? I don't have any raisin fans at my house.

JILLIAN said...

ASHLEY,
GREENLINE BEACH CRUISERS.

IT WAS GOOD TO SEE YOU AT THE LUNCHEON.