Monday, June 21, 2010

Good Things to Come...

I have been feeling a little discouraged this morning after taking Karmindy to her 2 year old check up. She is growing and developing like any other little 2 year old girl should, but when you look inside her tiny heart and aorta there are some things that aren't right. I try to stay positive when it comes to her growth and development but in the end surgery will have to be done. While visiting with my wonderful pediatrician her uplifting words about the care that Mark and I give our daughter gave me comfort. She told me that we were good parents and our decision to wait on taking Karmindy in for surgery is the best for her right now despite what some of the top notch surgeons and physicians say. Most of them give you the stats and then want to get in and complete things now. As Karmindy's parents we have weighed the options and pro and cons and feel deep with in our hearts that we need to wait on having this procedure done. We ask ourselves why put her through this again now when most likely there will be repeated times that she will have to have it done again and again. I get so down when I know that surgery on her aorta is evident and in her future. I wish that this would all go away. I can't help but think to... "Will my daughter get to grow up and get married and have kids of her own?" "Will I get to see her complete elementary, middle and high school? Will I get to see her go on her first date?" I hope that she gets to experience all of this. Will good things come? Is it selfish that I want my daughter around for a long time? Karmindy's fight and strong will are very evident everyday and I know that she has this because of what she has gone through and what she will go through.
This video was just what I needed this morning after Karmindy's dr. appt. I know that my Heavenly Father has a plan for my life, as well as, for my daughter. I will continue to trust in Heavenly Father and pray for those good things to come....
Karmindy's Two Year old Stats:
Weight- 24 lbs 8 oz., 25th percentile
Height- 43 3/4", 75th Percentile
HC- 471/2 cm, 50th Percentile
This all equals out to a healthy happy two year old!

7 comments:

........ said...

Thanks Ashlee! I needed that today...

Tamarynn Leigh said...

Oh Ash, you are SO strong! I admire you so much!! I know you and Mark are EXACTLY who Karmindy needed to raise her, and Heavenly Father knows it too. Thank you for that video. It was something I really needed. Love ya!

Annalee said...

I had just watched this today as a matter of fact, from Stephanie Neilson's blog. Isn't it so true? I love when he says "don't give up". I'm not surey why that means more today than any other day or time in my life, but it seems like people all around me are going through some rough times. Don't give up, you are a great mom. I know it's hard to think of the things that could or would or should be done. But try to enjoy her now. She is here now, and is full of life and is for the most part a healthy little girl. You are a great mom and are doing what you can. Don't beat yourself up. Hang in there. Have you read the talk "Sunday will come?" It is an amazing talk, you should read it again if you haven't in a little bit. Your Sunday will come and it won't seem so stressful. Hang in there. Can I do anythng for you? Love you my cute friend.

Unknown said...

Wow Ashlee thank you for posting that clip. That is exactly what I needed to hear today. It has been rough this afternoon. Karmindy is so cute and she seems like such a fighter. Hang in there!

Brooke and Aaron said...

I know that Heavenly Father has a special plan for each of us. Our children have been divinely appointed to us. Hold on to that positivity and joy that beams from you. Just keep swimming.. Love ya!

autumntime said...

wE WILL KEEP HER IN OUR PRAYERS AND IN OUR FASTING! mIRACLES DO HAPPEN! i LOVE hOLLAND- hE IS SUCH A NEAT MAN!

Toad, Lizard, Squidney & Emmaphant said...

I love listening to him! "don't give up" you guys are doing a great job with your kids.