Monday, October 4, 2010

A Bewitching Good Time

This past weekend was conference weekend. I love conference weekend because of the opportunity to stay home and spend time with my little family and to listen to wonderful council and advice from our Latter Day prophet and his apostles. I learned so much this weekend and had many questions answered that I have been praying for. While Mark was away at the Priesthood session on Saturday night, I met up with a friend and her boys and we took the kids to McDonald's for dinner and then headed to Gardner Village to let the kids see their darling witch displays. Boy, how I love this time of year!! Gardner Village is one of my favorite places in the whole wide world. I think it is one of my favorites because it indulges my inner child. I get just as excited as my kids do about being in such a fun whimsical atmosphere. This year Gardner Village didn't disappoint and it was fun to see all the displays and some new ones! I was surprised at how many women were there with their kids. I figured great minds think alike. After we saw all the witches we went to Sweet Afton's Candy shoppe to get a treat but it was extremely busy so we opted on going back to my friends house to eat Halloween Candy and Ice-cream cones. The weather has been particularly warm this fall and so eating Ice-cream cones in October was a little odd but it was fun. Our little outing was very fun and I look forward to making this a tradition with my kids for the next few years until Kaleb is old enough to go to the priesthood session with his dad! Here are a few fun pictures from our outing!Kaleb and Myself posing with one of the Witches at Gardner Village! Kaleb was very scared of her and told me, "Mom I don't want to touch her!" Look at his concerned face.I kept telling Kaleb to kiss this witch or put her arm around her. He was a little scared of her. He told me he would just sit right by her!This is my favorite witch display! I could be wrong but I think it is new! I love how the witch has her toad on a leash! Super cute!Kaleb with his friend Matthew sitting in front of the Great Pumpkin!My two beautiful kidlets and me!Karmindy didn't want to cooperate and take pictures for me but this is the best picture that I could get of her. I love her in her little skull shirt (a gift from Grandma Laurie).I love this picture of Kaleb! He was cracking up because there is a witch in the background that is hanging upside down with a spider on her nose. He thought it was pretty funny. Guess you had to be there!

1 comment:

Annalee said...

So cute, wished we could have gone with you guys!